- Brian Jacks: A lot of the great comedic moments of this series come out of your characters’ relationship. How did that develop between you? Is it all acting? Does any of it carry over off-camera?
- Bradley James: I think it’s been said that the similar sounds coming from the pair of us when we’re working together is laughter. We do tend to have quite a good time and crack quite a few jokes. And I suppose that sort of then takes itself onto set when we’re performing the roles. And it kind of helps, kind of that fluidity I suppose and that ease when it comes to doing scenes with comedy involved. And it’s a lot of fun to work with Colin. Colin, just cover your ears a minute. You might...
- Colin Morgan: Yeah.
- Bradley James: But it’s a lot of fun to work with Colin because we work together a lot and I could have personally found myself in a situation where because Arthur and Merlin do have so many scenes together you really would have been hoping for somebody who you can act with. And I think, once we sort of get on set and get through the course of filming the series we have a very good time. So I feel very fortunate about that because it could have been a hell of a lot worse. Colin, you can take your hands off your ears now.
- Colin Morgan: Oh sorry. I was...
- Bradley James: How could you hear me say that? That proves you weren’t covering your ears.
- Colin Morgan: Oh no.
I find myself knowing, I don’t know, picking on this strange wave length we have going on.
“Do you mean Merlin and Arthur are going to grow old together, or Colin and Bradley?”
- Bradley James